What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Why we are getting a TV spot now?! This soon. Where is the second trailer first?!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Loved that brief beat with John Rhys-Davies back as Sallah. With Denholm Elliott and Sean Connery both gone, it's nice to see one of the guys from the old days besides Indy still in the mix.

I do hope that, even if we don't see Karen Allen, it's implied that Indy and Marion are still happily married. That relationship basically started as statutory rape, which isn't ideal, but it's still the best romantic pairing Indy's had.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I do hope that, even if we don't see Karen Allen, it's implied that Indy and Marion are still happily married.

Agreed. Given the response to Crystal Skull, I understand moving on from it. They don't have to bring Karen Allen or Shia LeBouf back, but I think this movie at least has to explain where they are if they're not in it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought it was Karen Allen.

Karen Allen has not been confirmed as part of the cast for this film. Of course, that doesn't mean she's not in it. But if she is, I'm not sure what they would have to gain from keeping it a secret. She is Indy's wife, after all.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Must. Have. Karen. Allen.

Temple of Doom and Last Crusade didn't and they worked out. While you'll get no argument from me regarding the quality of Allen's work, it is certainly possible to do a ilm without her. The fact that the last film ended with Indy marrying her makes it a bit more complicated. But certainly it would be possible to write her out.

I understand keeping certain actors a secret for surprise reveals (such as Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in Iron Man), but I don't really think anybody would be all that shocked to see Allen in this film. So there's no need to be secretive about it if she is. Therefore, I feel like she's probably not in it. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
C’mon. That was never explicitly stated.

“I was a child. I was in love. It was wrong. And you knew it.”

That could mean a lot of things other than ‘statutory rape”. Jeez.
Its not explicitly stated in the film, but in the original script, Marion was described as 25, which would have made her 15 when their relationship ended, so yeah.

And when Brody goes to Indy’s house, he’s ‘entertaining’ one of his female students.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Its not explicitly stated in the film, but in the original script, Marion was described as 25, which would have made her 15 when their relationship ended, so yeah.

And when Brody goes to Indy’s house, he’s ‘entertaining’ one of his female students.
Yeah…so? That still doesn’t mean he committed statutory rape.

And I would assume his college age female student that he was “entertaining” was over 18.

People can believe what they want of course but imo it’s a stretch to infer Indy was a pedophile rapist.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah…so? That still doesn’t mean he committed statutory rape.

And I would assume his college age female student that he was “entertaining” was over 18.

People can believe what they want of course but imo it’s a stretch to infer Indy was a pedophile rapist.
A lot of this shows Indiana Jones as morally challenged. A Professor "entertaining" one of his female students is unethical, morally wrong and a fireable offense.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A lot of this shows Indiana Jones as morally challenged. A Professor "entertaining" one of his female students is unethical, morally wrong and a fireable offense.
Again how do we know what “entertaining” meant in that context? He could have simply been helping her with her studies.

My point is sometimes people look for stuff that isn’t there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks