What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If it's a Speilberg-led production without any involvement from Lucas (which I find impossible nevermind the severance relationship of Lucas with Lucasfilm)...
Yeah, even if he's retired, I can't believe that Lucas won't at least toss out some ideas to them. Maybe it'll just be an action sequence or the object they have to find or even the story but I'm sure he's going to contribute something.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I haven't been a big fan of David Koepp's writing in forever -- but he's Spielberg's go-to guy, so this is no surprise. And I liked the last Indy movie, so I'm not really worried. They'll probably end up with a whole bunch of writers by the time all is said and done anyway.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wonder why Han Solo at 70 is acceptable (I heard not one word of concern) but Indiana Jones at 70 is not as acceptable to us... Both are physical, action adventure roles...

I don't get that either. And I had no problem with Harrison's age in Crystal Skull. For all of the things that people bash that movie over, one of the things I loved about it was that it went for an age appropriate Indy - it told us that as many years passed in the world of Indy as had passed since the last movie, instead of making Ford pretend that he hadn't aged twenty years.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Disney has a very busy 2019 planned. Marvel's Captain Marvel is due March 8, 2019 (not to be confused with DC's Shazam - also known as Captain Marvel - due Apr 5, 2019), while the Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 (a lousy title IMO) is due May 3, 2019. Star Wars Episode IX is set for May 2019, The Incredibles 2 for June 21, 2019, and the Inhumans for July 12, 2019. Now, Indy 5 for July 19, 2019. Some things are clearly going to change. BTW, Inhumans is the last movie Marvel currently has scheduled. Whatever happens, it looks like 2019 will be the first year ever with both a Star Wars and an Indiana Jones movie.
I don't understand that sentence.

Best case scenario is that this is the Rocky Balboa/Creed to Rocky V
That would be a very good scenario

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
David Koepp, a longtime Spielberg confederate who wrote 1993’s Jurassic Park, has been tapped to pen the script for the new adventure, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/indiana-jones-5-enlists-crystal-876684

Wow, he also wrote the last Indy movie? People are not going to be happy!
Disappointing news. He's the guy you go to in order to proficiently cobble the pieces together when you have to satisfy a bunch of different players, like on the last Indy film. I was hoping for a more adventurous choice. I don't know that I've ever outright loved any of his screenplays. The last one that impressed me was Panic Room, back in 2002.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't understand that sentence.

I think Sam F is simply saying that 2019 is the first time a new Star Wars and a new Indiana Jones movie will come out in the same year, with Indy 5 and Episode IX both scheduled for release in that year.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've been thinking about my question in post 64. Maybe we accept Han Solo getting older because he is a more dimensional character, someone who went from only being out for himself to being there for others, someone who went from not believing in a greater power to accepting it as real. Someone who has a serious woman and a kid. So it's proper Han should get older.

But Indy never changes. We don't want him to change. And maybe that is why it is hard for some of us to see him get old.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't know that I've ever outright loved any of his screenplays. The last one that impressed me was Panic Room, back in 2002.

I've never walked out of a theater in the middle of a movie in my life, but there are three times I was close, and Panic Room was one of them. For reasons I can't even remember almost 15 years later, I hated, hated, hated that movie.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think Sam F is simply saying that 2019 is the first time a new Star Wars and a new Indiana Jones movie will come out in the same year, with Indy 5 and Episode IX both scheduled for release in that year.
Yeah I see it now. I misread it as the first year we won't have those two out at the same time

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That's fine; I think it just means that they're not going to play Indy as younger than we saw him in Crystal Skull.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
I wonder why Han Solo at 70 is acceptable (I heard not one word of concern) but Indiana Jones at 70 is not as acceptable to us... Both are physical, action adventure roles...
Well., acceptable or not, Han at 70 lasted only half the movie, with no apparent action scenes, but if you ask me, I'd love to see him as an ageing Indy, although I'd have to admit, the thought of an Indy 5 gives me a bad feeling ;)
I hope I am wrong, though.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I don't know for sure but I'd bet that alot of Indy in Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull is a stunt man with Ford's head digitally pasted on top so they can get around that problem for the new movie.

Like what they did with Christopher Lee in the Star wars Prequels. I could go for that, as long as the movie and story is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks