What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Lucas did the first 3 too. They were all his stories.
I understand. My exasperation over the fourth movie was the tug of war between Lucas and Spielberg over script elements. There were plug-in components to that script that resulted in a fractured, less than stellar show, IMHO. Spielberg tried to make Lucas happy at the 11th hour and here we are with this head-scratching movie.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I think I'd rather have someone else put on the Fedora. After Crystal Skull, which I didn't hate, I don't really want to see another elderly Indy adventure.

People can blame George for the quality of Crystal Skull but Spielberg is just as guilty. Hopefully Spielberg will be fully committed to Indy 5, it felt like his heart was fully invested in KOTCS.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I played the Indy Atlantis game when I was a kid and it was the first adventure game that I fully finished myself. Great memories.

Fate_of_Atlantis_artwork.jpg

The more I think about it, the more it sounds a viable non ridiculous story to happen in the 60s-70s.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Unfortunately, the Star Wars prequel haters have managed to make it that he's not even allowed to get credit when he deserves it anymore. [NERD VOICE]"According to The Secret History Of Star Wars, Marcia Lucas & Gary Kurtz are the only reason why Star Wars was any good."[/NERD VOICE]
Then they proceed to use ESB as their final justification point when in fact pretty much everything they like about the movie was introduced in George's uncredited drafts.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yeah. Do they already have another Marvel movie coming in April or May 2019?

Disney has a very busy 2019 planned. Marvel's Captain Marvel is due March 8, 2019 (not to be confused with DC's Shazam - also known as Captain Marvel - due Apr 5, 2019), while the Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 (a lousy title IMO) is due May 3, 2019. Star Wars Episode IX is set for May 2019, The Incredibles 2 for June 21, 2019, and the Inhumans for July 12, 2019. Now, Indy 5 for July 19, 2019. Some things are clearly going to change. BTW, Inhumans is the last movie Marvel currently has scheduled. Whatever happens, it looks like 2019 will be the first year ever with both a Star Wars and an Indiana Jones movie.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Curse of the even numbered Indy films? So with the odd numbers we have the stronger films? ;)

This is surprising news. I can't help but wonder if Harrison Ford will take on the Sean Connery role this time out.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hope it's better than the last one which was mediocre, straying into bad with a seasoning of terrible.

I just can't see Ford pulling this off. Sometimes, you have to admit to yourself that you are too old to effectively play the character. Indy needs to retire permanently.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I actually enjoyed the first half of KOTCS, especially the chase around town and visiting the tombs in Central America. After that though it started losing me, especially when Mutt swings with the monkeys. Spielberg and Lucas said that they were going to keep the CGI to a minimum when most of the 2nd half of the film had massive CGI laden effects. The premise of the crystal skulls was interesting, but I believe it was better done in the Billy Zane "The Phantom" movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just can't see Ford pulling this off. Sometimes, you have to admit to yourself that you are too old to effectively play the character. Indy needs to retire permanently.
I'd agree but I think Ford nailed it in The Force Awakens (it's not as physical of a role but how much physical stuff did he really do in KOTCS anyway?) and even the most ardent Crystal Skull critic probably wouldn't say that Ford was the problem in that movie so I'm staying hopeful in that he'll be able to slip right back into Indy.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Well, they can't kill him off because the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles depicted Indy in the 1990's...

FA_image_000492.jpg

They could, however, poke his eye out.

Perhaps his sidekick will be one of his up-and-coming students who's at the top of her class and is itching to get out there. Indy keeps telling her how boring and dull archaeology really is but she's not buying it. Especially after hearing tales of past semesters when the Dr. Jones would just disappear suddenly (sometimes out the window). He'd be gone for months and then come back whistling his theme song.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
doing the m, ath, at that point Ford is going to be 75-76, years young i don't see this as a rousing romp thru some lost forest or jungle, thikk this would have to be a more low-key adventure to make it work. either way i will give it a watch

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
don't think the eye is poked out, might have lost it because of medical, but the idea of him with the eyepatch make the myopic statement of i thought it was closer in the last film hold a little more weight

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
They could always bring back Short Round. Jonathan Ke Quan is 44 years old now.

ShortRound-banner.jpg

Of course, I'm kidding. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks