What's new

Indiana Jones 5 (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Big grain of salt, considering the source and the amount of time it took them to agree on the story for Indy 4.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Considering they talked about Indy IV for at least a decade, I'll believe it when LFL makes a real announcement about it. If the movie happens, I look forward to it but I dread the inevitable "i h8 u, Luca$" internet stupidity that will undoubtedly follow it from now to years after its release.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I’m ready for an Indy 5 movie. All the Indy movies are not going to be 5 star movies, but I look forward to another adventure in the Indy series.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm not exactly believing it til I see it, but I'd definitely love another one. Crystal Skull wasn't the best thing I've ever seen in the history of the universe, but I thought it was great fun and loved every minute of it. I'll be back in line if they decide to do another.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, at least this time, Spielberg seems to be the one more enthusiastic about the project.

The last go around, Lucas kept pushing for an alien themed movie while Spielberg and Ford seemed to resist for decades. They finally relented and ended up with a film that I wouldn't be surprised if all three weren't entirely satisfied with.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm certain it will happen considering how much 4 made. I thought KotCS was the worst in the series, a big part of that due to the very cartoon'ish effects for a live action movie. That aside, I look forward to a 5.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't that one of the series' trademarks? The effects have always been less than perfect. Given that ILM is the driving force behind these films, I'd always assumed it was a conscious choice in line with the old-fashioned "retro" feel of the series.

Vampires are hot now. Maybe Indy should tangle with a coven of vamps. ;)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Having just watched all 4 IJ movies on consecutive nights, I noticed the effects all had the same feel about them. In fact, the only film that felt a bit out of place was Temple of Doom, but it wasn't due to effects, rather it was the darker tone of the story.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well, if they do want to do another one, they know they can't wait another 19 years

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I've been hoping since I saw the last one in the theater last year, that all parties involved would want to redeem themselves.

If they would stop it with contrived additions like relationships in Skull, drop the science fiction, and a lot - I mean a lot less CGI and it would easily be better.

Just make a good movie that makes sense for Ford's age. They most certainly can do decent story that might also fit in with the times (Cold War instead of WW2). There are so many possibilities.

Honestly I would like to see 2 more made - 5 being a solid and redeeming film and another being essentially Indy's last adventure - it doesn't formally need to be that way, but just a good story to put closure on the Harrison Ford version of Indy....

and then down the road, follow the current trend of rebooting and take us back earlier in the 20th century...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
See, I want more cold war sci-fi plots - I think that was a particularly brilliant move on Lucas's part, having Indy's adventures reflect the Saturday matinees of the period (swashbucklers for the 30s, implications of spy work during the war years, paranoid sci-fi in the 50s). It's among the most clever bits of a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

I don't know if it's a trademark or deliberate, but, yeah, there have always been dodgy effects. A local theater showed all four last fall, and I couldn't help but notice that there was some awkward matte work in all three movies.

Apparently bad matte work is charming and real, but less-than-perfect CGI is a criminal offense.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Sure, but the stubborness of Lucas isn't going away...he won't a story move forward that he doesn't approve of no matter how old they get.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, maybe if Lucas feels he got what he wanted with KotCS, he'd be more willing to let Spielberg to do what he wants, kinda like ToD was Lucas's and LC was Spielberg's.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hehehe. People tend to be more forgving and have rose colored glasses when looking back at movies. I could tell that dolls were used in a few shots in the mine car chase sequence in Temple Of Doom when I was a little kid but the movie is still cool. All the Indy movies have great and no so great effects shots in them.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Let's clarify, though, that what Lucas really cares about is the story...I think he cares less about the script. The KOTCS script was almost exclusively written by Koepp and Spielberg, from a story by Lucas.

That said, I doubt Lucas will just let Spielberg draft the story for Indy 5....script, sure; story, I doubt it. And I have a hard time believing they could come up with a story that they all like in such short order.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I don't think Lucas, Spielberg & Ford will be as strict with the next movie because the other one was a hit & determined the fate of anymore movies. Now they can relax & have another go. Maybe it will end up better. I just hope Indy leaves the family home this time. I don't want it to turn into the adventures of the Indy family.

Joe_G

Second Unit

I wonder if it'll end up with those two again hammering out the script for Indy 5. It's pretty much a given that Darabont won't be approached, especially what went down with Indy 4. I think I even read in Empire or another film magazine, that in an interview with Darabont, with what happened with Indy 4 and MI:3, he's no longer a scribe-for-hire. This was a year or so ago though. Nobody else's drafts ever panned out either, except for a portion of Nathanson's/Lucas' draft that was built upon by Koepp and SS. Did Lucas ever patch things up with Darabont?

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Bad effects? The face-melting scene in Raiders looked just like wax heads that they were - but it was still fun.

I'll take an Indy 5, bring it on!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Didn't Pixar make this already? I think it is called UP. Geriatric man goes looking for adventure and finds it.

Seriously, they should give this series a rest. Without Harrison Ford it isn't an Indiana Jones film and with him it will be an unintentional parody of the character. Ford is simply too old to play the character with any of the vitality that the character once possessed.....and Shia Lebeouf replacing him?........well, that is that is a sure sign of the apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks