What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Indiana Jones 5 (2022)

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: James Mangold

Cast: Harrison Ford

Release: 2022-07-29

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
George Lucas back, not back? There is a suggestion that he is not named in the Disney's announcement and they want to use someone else.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It's Lucas who comes up with the story. He was a major influence. What you saw was Lucas' stories.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see it happening. 2019 is a bit far off, but with so much else on the schedule, I guess it has to be.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
After "Crystal Skulls", they probably don't want Lucas involved in the story!

We say that. But Crystal Skull was a significant earner. The 300m plus domestic and 786m international is huge.

And I admit, I'm someone who enjoyed it more than most as a film that grabbed onto the heart of a Saturday morning serial action piece.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's Lucas who comes up with the story. He was a major influence. What you saw was Lucas' stories.
Unfortunately, the Star Wars prequel haters have managed to make it that he's not even allowed to get credit when he deserves it anymore. [NERD VOICE]"According to The Secret History Of Star Wars, Marcia Lucas & Gary Kurtz are the only reason why Star Wars was any good."[/NERD VOICE]

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Loved KOTCS & the other 3 movies so looking forward to this already. John Williams score is going to sound terrific in the eventual UHD lossless stream we will have by then! (I hope!!).

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
So if the first film was set in 1936, this should technically be set in 1974, though I'm guessing the '60s is more likely.

Ray_Rogers1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Rogers
So if the first film was set in 1936, this should technically be set in 1974, though I'm guessing the '60s is more likely.
Raiders of the Lost Ark takes place in 1936, Temple of Doom is 1935, The Last Crusade is 1938, Fate of Atlantis I think is 1939, and after that I start drawing a blank.

Awesome news! I've still been a fan of Indiana Jones more-so compared to Star Wars.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I bet this means Disney moves their Inhumans movie, currently scheduled for July 12, 2019. They wouldn't put two of their own blockbusters a week apart.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If it's in the seventies, then they can tell a real extra-terrestrial story, with beings from real outer-space and not another dimension. ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've been hoping for this announcement for a while now. The window on Harrison Ford being physically capable of doing what the role requires was only going to stay open for so long.

I hope they get Lawrence Kasdan back to at least do a pass on the dialog. The Force Awakens proved that he still knows how to write for Harrison Ford. His only contribution to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ("I'm sure I wasn't the only one to get with my life. There must have been plenty of women for you over the years." "There were a few, but they all had the same problem." "Yeah? What's that?" "They weren't you, honey.") was the single best bit of dialog in the entire movie.

After "Crystal Skulls", they probably don't want Lucas involved in the story!
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had a lot of problems, but the story wasn't one of them. My two biggest complaints were the over-reliance on bad CG and a screenplay that overstuffed and tonally inconsistent.

Well, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was set in 1957, so if this is set eleven years later, it'd be set in 1968. You get too far into the twentieth century, and the world starts really shrinking in a way that undermines the mystique of these movies.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
George Lucas back, not back? There is a suggestion that he is not named in the Disney's announcement and they want to use someone else.
Lucas not being a part of it justifies doing the movie, IMHO. It was Lucas's kooky ideas about flying saucers, and they way they were handled, that fractured the last movie. Hopefully without that Lucas brand of kookiness destroying their script, Spielberg and Ford can do something worthwhile.

For that reason I am very much excited about this movie.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks