Indiana Jones 5 (2022)

Greg.K

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Maybe it'd be better to make a new IJ TV show rather than another movie.... C'mon Disney+.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Other than pop-ups here on HTF and a few other sites I visit, it seems like Disney did very little to actually promote this movie....
They did tell the theaters to attach The Call of the Wild trailer to all prints of The Rise of Skywalker. Considering that the Star Wars audience are generally big Harrison Ford fans, that was a smart move. Also, it's not completely dead on arrival; it is doing well enough for a movie that cost less than it did. The problem is that its outsize budget requires a bigger result from it than would be realistic to expect from that kind of movie.

Todd Erwin

Producer
Reviewer
Real Name
Todd Erwin
They did tell the theaters to attach The Call of the Wild trailer to all prints of The Rise of Skywalker. Considering that the Star Wars audience are generally big Harrison Ford fans, that was a smart move. Also, it's not completely dead on arrival; it is doing well enough for a movie that cost less than it did. The problem is that its outsize budget requires a bigger result from it than would be realistic to expect from that kind of movie.
Well, not at the AMC Dolby Cinema I saw it at back in December....

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There were different alternates permitted for varying premium and 3D showings of TROS.

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
This film is moved to 2022?

filming will start in 2021?
Where did you hear this? As of right now, Disney still has it on the release schedule for July 2021.
This article on IGN posted a couple days ago confirms Mangold as director and the release date now as July 29, 2022.

Reactions: Osato

SamT

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I can't believe this thread is 4 years old. It was yesterday!

Last edited:
Reactions: Osato

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
now that they don't have to wait around for Spielberg.
Instead, they have to wait around for the coronavirus to be under control. Ford, at 77, is definitely in a higher-risk group, so I wouldn't want to shoot this thing until they are sure it can be done safely. I mean, I wouldn't want to shoot anything until they are sure it can be done safely, but because the lead of this one is older and it has to be him, that's of extra significance here.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't think what happened in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is really relevant here. If they want to, Disney can dismiss that as easily as they dismissed the Expanded Universe stuff from Star Wars before their acquisition. They'll go with whatever suits the needs of their current story as long as it doesn't contradict one of the four previous theatrical features.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They are not killing off Indiana Jones.
Well, they did kill Han, Luke and Leia. ;)

I don't want to make it sound like this film has to be like Logan just because James Mangold is directing it, but if they were to give Indy a finale that is as satisfying as that was for Wolverine, I would be satisfied with however they want to end the story.

That being said, Disney would probably prefer to keep him alive just to be able to do a sixth one, although whether Ford would be able to do a sixth one is an open question.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
No, Indy’s death would never serve the same dramatic purpose as those in Star Wars or Logan. Indiana Jones is lighter in tone, and the death of the major character would wreck that. Also, I’m pretty sure I read where Ford said they would not be killing him off

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
He will be dramatically grabbing the bowl of prunes before his hand is caught on the closing cafeteria window.

• Haha
Reactions: Jake Lipson

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It’s confirmed. The title will be “Indiana Jones: Oh Where Did I Put That Damn Ark Anyway?” I can definitely identify with this.

Wait...what were we discussing?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royce Fox