What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not sure how an old age Indy could work. If he can't run and jump, what is he going to do? This is not James Bond where he has gadgets. Indy gets roughed up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'd shed no tears if they retired Harrison Ford and recast, regardless of what Spielberg wants. Why is he calling the shots anyway? Doesn't Disney control the franchise now?
I think Disney could do that but Steven Spielberg is probably the last person in Hollywood that even a mega-corporation would cross. It's just like I'm sure Universal could and wants to remake, say, Jaws but they aren't going to piss off Spielberg by doing it so they're all probably playing the long game and waiting until Spielberg dies to run wild remaking everything of his that they have the rights to. Duel: The Reboot! Jaws: The Shared Universe! 1941: The Franchise!

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't think Shia LaBeouf would really be interested in returning. He's moved away, entirely, from blockbusters and studio pictures. I think he probably had fun working on Crystal Skull with Ford and Spielberg, but I imagine the backlash he got (entirely undeserved, in my opinion) sucked. People singlehandedly blamed LaBeouf for ruining the picture. I rathered liked Crystal Skull so I think that's especially ridiculous, but even if you didn't like Crystal Skull and you didn't like the idea of Indy having a kid... LaBeouf didn't come up with the story, didn't write the screenplay, didn't cast himself, and didn't direct the picture. He was hired to do a job, hired by one of the greatest directors in the world to work on one of the most beloved franchises in the world. It's a no-brainer to say yes to that, and I think the amount of backlash he's gotten is ridiculous.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Maybe it's just me but the Last Crusade should have been the last adventure.It's OK for younger people seeing the new film in theatres for the first time but it takes the shine off the earlier films for me when there is no apparent end to them.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's just me but the Last Crusade should have been the last adventure.It's OK for younger people seeing the new film in theatres for the first time but it takes the shine off the earlier films for me when there is no apparent end to them.

I would be fine with more Indiana Jones films as long as the story is satisfying. TKOTCS for some reason adopted a rapid fire filming pace that didn't let the characters breathe, and pushed me out the front door before I had a chance to remember what it was that I loved about them. Nothing to do with the running time, it all hinged on the screenplay.

And the story was really flimsy as well.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
IMO TKOTCS should have been the last hurrah, and it was pretty much a stinker. The ONLY reason they're doing 5 is to pass the torch so they can continue to pump out Indiana Jones "franchise" films. Ugh.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
IMO TKOTCS should have been the last hurrah, and it was pretty much a stinker. The ONLY reason they're doing 5 is to pass the torch so they can continue to pump out Indiana Jones "franchise" films. Ugh.
I'd prefer that didn't happen but if it does, I have no problem in ignoring sequels that I don't like. Being a horror movie fan, I love the original Halloween but I'd have gone crazy if I wasn't able to compartmentalize that movie from one of its awful sequels like Halloween 5.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'd prefer that didn't happen but if it does, I have no problem in ignoring sequels that I don't like. Being a horror movie fan, I love the original Halloween but I'd have gone crazy if I wasn't able to compartmentalize that movie from one of its awful sequels like Halloween 5.

That is true. My Star Wars ended with good defeating evil, and Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia live the rest of their lives happily, and without incident.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So, is Chris Pratt playing Indy Jr. in this one?
My guess is that there will be another child from another romance in exotic places in this one, hoping for the franchise hand off that failed when audiences rejected Mutt. Perhaps a daughter Indira from his time hunting glowing rocks in South Asia, who goes by Indy for short.

More than offspring or no offspring, I hope Karen Allen is back and that Indy and Marion are still happily married.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
More than offspring or no offspring, I hope Karen Allen is back and that Indy and Marion are still happily married.

If that's the case I sincerely hope the script gives her more to do than mug for the camera with an I'm-back-in-an-Indiana-Jones-movie-can-you-believe-it-I-can't smile.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
They should just cast Sean Patrick Flanery as Indy. He played young Indy 25 years ago; he's now old enough (51 yrs) to play the adult version.

Personally, I'd shed no tears if they retired Harrison Ford and recast, regardless of what Spielberg wants. Why is he calling the shots anyway? Doesn't Disney control the franchise now?

When the Force Awakens came out, I remember reading that Harrison Ford agreed to play Han Solo again only on the contingency that he would star in the next Indiana Jones film.

Personally I am more than okay with that. I never want to see an Indiana Jones film without Ford. Unlike Bond, I don't think recasting the character would work at all.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'd prefer a reboot after one last Harrison Ford film. I still think that Bradley Cooper has the necessary looks, sarcasm, and athletic build (not too built but not wimpy like Shia either). Reset the films back in the 1930's era.

The other idea would be to do a younger actor and set the films when Young Indiana Jones stopped, that is, his time at the University of Chicago with Abner Ravenwood.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
No offense to Ford or the fans of Indy but I mean he will be 77 years old when they are shooting this...that is pretty ridiculous for an "action hero" role. I mean cheers to all the 77 year old people that can run, jump, climb, and crack a whip but I am thinking at 77 about all the action Indy should want is to get his grocery shopping done.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
No offense to Ford or the fans of Indy but I mean he will be 77 years old when they are shooting this...that is pretty ridiculous for an "action hero" role. I mean cheers to all the 77 year old people that can run, jump, climb, and crack a whip but I am thinking at 77 about all the action Indy should want is to get his grocery shopping done.
In terms of the movie's reality, I'm sure Indy will be pulled into the physical stuff against his will and in terms of the real world, they'll paste a CG Harrison Ford head on top of a stunt man so he doesn't risk breaking his leg again. :)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
In terms of the movie's reality, I'm sure Indy will be pulled into the physical stuff against his will and in terms of the real world, they'll paste a CG Harrison Ford head on top of a stunt man so he doesn't risk breaking his leg again. :)

And I find it hard to imagine people would want to pay to see that. I thought the chase through the jungle in Crystal Skull was absolutely horrible. CGI awfulness of epic proportions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks