What's new

Indian in the Cupboard - two versions - which has the best transfer? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It looks as if it was released in 2001 and 2004. I saw the 2004 version at blockbuster. They dropped the pan & scan on it and just kept the widescreen and some of the extras. The 2004 coverart of the keepcase is different too (but I can't find an online image of it).

My *guess* is it's the same transfer, but perhaps better compression.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Well, Columbia/Tri-Star/Sony Pictures has set a precedent of rereleasing their titles with much better compression (e.g. LEGENDS OF THE FALL, JUMANJI, LITTLE WOMEN, A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN, etc.) so the reissue probably will have a slightly, but notably, improved transfer, and it's not like the loss of the pan-and-scan version is actually any kind of a loss. Working from past precedent, however, I'd be willing to bet a month's pay that the transfer source will be identical. I still haven't bought the title yet, as much as I'd like to own it, but if any extras were dropped, I'll be seeking out the original release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks