What's new

Independent Film Channel problem on DirecTV? (1 Viewer)

DeT

Agent
Just wondering if this only happen to me

Anyone got problem with Independent Film Channel on DirecTV? I can't watch that channel without having sound and/or picture skipping like once every 20 seconds of the movie.

I am not having problem with any other channel by the way.

thanks

Dan B

Screenwriter
I'm not having any problems with it. Is it still skipping for you?

-Dan B.

DeT

Agent
yeah, it still skipping. Comedy Central also seem to be doing that. None of the other channels are having this problem, well, none of the one I am watching everyday anyway.

Aside from those skipping, picture and sound seem to be perfectly fine. weird

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I have Time Warner digital cable, and I have the pixelation problem. There's a glitch every few minutes, I'd say. Sometimes just a part of the picture pixelates, but it's frequent enough to be annoying.

It's only on this channel; my other digital cable channels are fine, as far as I know. I doubt it's IFC's fault, however.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I watched "Swimming with Sharks" and "La Femme Nikita" last night with no problems at all. I have DirecTV.

Ralph

DeT

Agent
hmm, its weird cause it only happen on some channels, maybe I'll unplug then reset the receiver and see what happen.

Or maybe its the lousy RCA receiver.

DeT

Agent
alright, so here is what I found out

My current Directv RCA model DRD450RG allow me to have the optical out to connect to my Denon receiver. I have been using this configuration all this time which result in a loud noise like a screech sound everytime the glitch occur on the screen. Sound scary at first.

Tonight, I've just change the audio output from optical to the regular red and white wires. The picture glitch is still there but the screech noise is a little less frequent, but still there.

I think that everytime the picture got a glitch, the directv receiver cutoff the audio on the optical connection to my Denon, so it got confuse for a second. It would switch to analog, then gather itself together, then switch to digital. Everytime it did this, a loud screech it be heard.

This is not very cool for me at all since the whole reason I spend the extra bucks was to get one with optical out, now I can't really use it. Gonna call DirecTV tomorrow to see what's going on.

btw, I don't understand what you guys mean by pixelation, if you mean the picture got jerky for half a second, then its probably is it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks