"Independence Day LE" - what is LE about it?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Eric Huffstutler, May 22, 2004.

1. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    To be honest, I am hyped to see The Day After Tomorrow because of being a great apocalyptic movie fan. It was the ONLY reason why I bought the new Limited Edition single disc version of Independence Day- for the new movie promo feature. Boy was I extremely disappointed to find out that even the promo spot for the new movie wasn't even a complete trailer! I am able to get more free at Apple Quicktime Trailers.

The only saving grace was that there is a coupon inside for up to $6.50 off a single ticket to see the movie with no restrictions other than date or reproductions.

Now, I already owned the 2-disc Five Star edition so why and/or what is so "Limited" about this edition that makes it different than their later identical single disc release?

Bottom line, I feel ripped off or misguided.

Eric

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

It's limited in the sense that eventually the universe will come to an end and production of that particular DVD will have to stop by that point.

DJ

3. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    According to DVD File's review, you hit on the only thing "new" about the LE. In other words, not much. Looks like Fox released yet another ID4 disc to try and tie it in with The Day After Tomorrow and milk it for a few more bucks. [​IMG]

4. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Damin - Nah. It'll probably still be in production. You know, at that same Red Lectroid factory in the 8th dimension (owned by Artisan) that churns out endless "Special Boomstick Limited Collectors Editions" of Army of Darkness and Highlander.

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
  6. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

That one I'd buy! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. jason:g

jason:g Stunt Coordinator

R1 Independence Day L.E. = [​IMG]

8. Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins Supporting Actor

r2 le has dts

9. SteveCallas

SteveCallas Second Unit

I had this dvd for a while now and got around to watching it last night for the first time in many years. Picture quality and surround sound were awesome, but damn, this movie was really awful. I had remembered it in my mind as being at least decent, but this movie was a trainwreck.

It seemed like the movie tried to do it all - Will Smith trying to get into NASA and deciding whether he should marry a stripper - the cropduster guy trying to regain his dignity, dealing with his alien abduction, hold on to his family, and find medicine for his sick boy - Jeff Goldblum rekindling a marriage, proving his worth to his father, and butting horns with the president - the president trying to prove himself as a strong leader, dealing with the death of his wife, firing a cabinet member, man I could go on.

This movie had so many plotholes that I was starting to get embarassed just from watching it. I'm pretty sure this one will be kept ON the shelf for a long, long time.

10. Kramer Lowry

Kramer Lowry Second Unit

[​IMG]