Real Name
Jake Lipson
Incredibles 2.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Also, they've added the second I to the logo to spell out the Roman numeral II, but presumably in-film they will still use the suits with one I, because it doesn't make sense for the Incredibles to have two uses of "I" on their suits in terms of the narrative. So, this whole poster series is kind of for the sake of the joke, which is fine, since they're awesome.

Also, has anyone noticed the posters have dropped the "The" and are just going by "Incredibles 2?" I wonder what will appear in the film itself.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney says there will be a brand-new look at the movie during Olympics coverage tonight on NBC.

If this is a debut of a full trailer, then theoretically it will run with Black Panther this weekend.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Not...what I expected.

I don't know what to think, to be honest. Hoping that they are cleverly hiding something I will like a lot more. If Bob is full time house husband in this, that doesn't sound like fun to me.

Then again, we are only seeing Helen in her super suit (after they dispatch the Underminer which I presume is how the movie opens) and there's no way that's going to be it. So I have hope.

Will remain hopeful. Been waiting far too long for this to be disappointed.

:D

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I Love the new trailer; it is a great twist on this series, and continues to make the story about building a family first instead of just a run of the mill super hero film. Tackling fatherhood as a superhero job is a pretty slick angle, and this is the kind of direction I think only Pixar could really take it..

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't know what to think, to be honest. Hoping that they are cleverly hiding something I will like a lot more. If Bob is full time house husband in this, that doesn't sound like fun to me.

I'm sure it will be a structure like the last film, but sort of in reverse. Helen/Elastigirl goes out doing the hero things and Bob tries his best to stay home with the kids, but then something will happen which will force the entire family into the action together. They just don't want to show us all of the movie in a minute and a half trailer. In the meantime, I'm glad that they seem to be putting Elastigirl in the forefront of the action, and the parenting stuff is hilarious so far. So far, I'm sold.

But, I also trust Brad Bird; he hasn't made a movie yet that I've disliked and I see no reason to believe he will start now. After waiting so long between films, I assume he is doing this because he has the right idea, and not just because Disney asked for it. If he were going to do it just because Disney asked for it, we would probably be on Incredibles 3 or 4 now.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Not...what I expected.

Then again, we are only seeing Helen in her super suit (after they dispatch the Underminer which I presume is how the movie opens) and there's no way that's going to be it. So I have hope.

Will remain hopeful. Been waiting far too long for this to be disappointed.

:D

I felt the same exact way. Hopefully Bob is "stay at home Dad" for only a very small portion of the movie. I'm really looking for a family team up with everyone equally fighting crime. Frankly, I was disappointed in this trailer. The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie and I waited a very looooong time for this. I hope they don't screw it up.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
While I respect everyone's opinion here, I would like to remind everybody that this is a minute and a half trailer. The first Incredibles film ran 115 minutes. Assuming a comparable running time for the sequel, that means we have at least 113.5 minutes of footage we haven't seen yet. So maybe we should just give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

It makes total sense to me that they would focus the trailer on Bob being a stay-at-home dad because it's bright, funny and instantly relateable for the adult audience. Focusing on this for an initial minute and a half also allows them to hide the twists and turns in the superhero action side of the story. Disney's marketing team did the same with Zootopia; by showing the whole entire BMV sequence as the trailer, some people complained that it spoiled that sequence in the context of the film, but it also allowed them to get butts in seats while hiding the mystery elements from the trailer so that we could experience that arc unspoiled. I'd bet they are doing something similar here, ad if that is the case, then I will applaud them for doing so and maintaining the film's surprises.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
While I respect everyone's opinion here, I would like to remind everybody that this is a minute and a half trailer. The first Incredibles film ran 115 minutes. Assuming a comparable running time for the sequel, that means we have at least 113.5 minutes of footage we haven't seen yet. So maybe we should just give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Of course, you're right. And I am hoping for the best.

But, it is worth mentioning that it is the studios job to produce a trailer that entices me. This just kind of didn't do it for me, really. Sure, it's all well and good to point out that it's only a fraction of the film. But the overall theme they chose for the trailer focused *very* heavily on Bob as stay at home dad. The whole shtick of Jack-Jack randomly flipping through powers to the ire of Bob was kinda overdone.

Of course, I will go see this no matter what trailers they show me. I will just have faith that this was all they could really show so as to not give anything away. In which case, fine by me if there's a grander, more robust role for Bob than what they showed me.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
As a dad who has had to deal with the new ways they are teaching math to kids today....

...I can totally relate... and have the exact same reaction every time I have to deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks