What's new

Increasingly Worse Overscan on My TV (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I have owned my 52" Pioneer Rear Projection tv for twelve years and just recently whenever I turn on the tv the bottom part is missing for five or ten minutes....as if the picture has been overly cropped on the top. The overscan is getting worse on the top. I can't even see NBA scores anymore. What is happening? And is there anything I can do to correct this? There are no buttons to push to correct vertical or horizontal.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
There are usually (always?) screwdriver adjustments inside the cabinet to adjust vertical and horizontal size. If you are not comfortable opening up the back of the TV (most of us are not) you can have a serviceman do it for you.

It is possible that with a TV this old you might not be able to adjust things to your liking. Individual electronic components inside can change their values and characteristics with age, use, and temperature changes. Also other problems like misconvergence and geometric distortion can be aggravated.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks