Increase the amount of coaxial connections?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard_S, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

I only have one coaxial input on my receiver. Is it possible to increase that or a switcher or some sort or would I be better off buying a new receiver which I'm planning to do? I have my DVD hooked up to the coaxial input and I have an Xbox that requires an optical connection. What can I do? I don't have any optical inputs and I maxed out my coaxial connections on my receiver. I am better off getting a new receiver right?

2. Howard_S

bump

3. Tom C

Tom C Stunt Coordinator

There are a number of digital converters on the market. You can do a search on HTF or on Yahoo or one of the others and should be able to find them. I got the Midman CO2:
    http://www.midiman.net/products/m-audio/CO2.php
    I got it at Guitar Center.

4. Howard_S

Yes I am aware of the converters on the market since I asked that question before. My question now is whether I can expand the number of coaxial ports since I only have one and I want to hook up more than just my DVD player to it.

5. Tom C

Tom C Stunt Coordinator

You're right. You did ask that. :b Must have caught me between cups of coffee. My only suggestion would be checking out places that deal in products like the CO2. It may be more of a recording industry type of product than a hometheater.