Inceiling speakers for surrounds

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Josh.L, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Josh.L

Josh.L Agent

I recently moved and my living room is not too ideal for surrounds. So I was thinking of using an in-ceiling speaker for my surrounds. I have a 5.1 setup. Is there anything good for around $200 for the pair?

Thanks!
    Josh

2. Brian R

Brian R Stunt Coordinator

I'm using a pair of Sonance 623T in my living room as surrounds in my 5.1 system. They sound great for surrounds and very easy to install. There are quite a few on eBay right now with Buy it Now prices between $160 and $300/pair.

My brother in-law uses INFINITY ERS 210 as surrounds in his system and they sound nice too. eBay pricing also around $200/pair

3. Josh.L

Josh.L Agent

Thank you. I will look into both of those. Would it make any sense to get the infinity just because my center and mains are infinity? I read people talking about timbermatching(sp?), but not sure if I would be able to tell the difference.

4. Brian R

Brian R Stunt Coordinator

It looks like the ERS-210 have Infinity's CMMD tweeters. If your existing Infinities also have CMMD tweeters then it would make sense to get the Infinity in-walls.

5. mackie

mackie Supporting Actor

Does the company that made your main speakers make an in-ceiling? matching with timber with surrounds is important but not critical as long as you get something close.

6. Josh.L

Josh.L Agent

yes, my other speakers do have the CMMD tweeter. Guess it's a no brainer since they are in my price range too.