What's new

In your opinion, which movies should've had a sequel & which shouldn't have? (1 Viewer)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
GREASE 2 and BEYOND THE POSIDEON ADVENTURE should never have been made.

While I enjoyed at least some of the sequels, HALLOWEEN and JAWS should have been left alone after the original.

Most disappointing sequel: JAWS 3-D (it's not Jaws 3)

Funniest sequel: JAWS THE REVENGE, especially the original theatrical ending, still something I can't forget. Or maybe TROLL 2, a hilarious film.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have to disagree on Highlander 2. Yes, the theatrical cut is a mess (aka The Quickening), but the Director's Cut is a much needed improvement with 16 minutes put back in, the film edited properly, and now newly done special effects (for the 2004 Special Edition version where they actually cuta scene that is in both earlier versions.

Then they take out all refs to them being
from another planet and having those scenes being set in a time long ago instead

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Sequel that shouldn't of been made Legally Blonde 2.

Sequel that should be made. Mallrats 2

Bobby*K

Grip
This could be my favorite topic to discuss. I think there should be 1 rule with sequels, if you are going to do them you MUST have the same actors involved. You can not have someone else playing the same exact character from the original. One of the worst sequels in my opinion for this reason is HANIBAL. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but a terrible sequel. The BATMAN movies could have been unreal if they only made 3 of them and Michael Keaton was always batman. He is an AWESOME Bruce Wayne. BEASTMASTER 2 hurt my feelings, as did DUMB & DUMBERER.

Sean Buehrle

Auditioning
worst sequels

1.dumb and dumberer
2.deathwish sequels
3.dirty harry (second dirty harry was ok)
4.jaws 2,3 was there a fourth?
5.rocky 3,4
6.exorcist 2,3 (the heritic is possibbly the worst movie ever made). i thought the new one (the beginning) was an ok movie, could have had a better story line.
7.caddyshack 2
8.porkies 2
9.scream sequals
10.starship troopers 2

i could go on and on, on bad sequels.

heres a few i can think of that i would like to see carried on.

1. me, myself and irene. i still laugh my butt off when i watch it, need more of that.
2.unforgiven, i would like to see a movie that has eastwoods character in his earlier years when he was supposed to have been a murderer of women and children. but eastwood is looking a little long in the tooth for that part.
3.whats up with rambo? is he still sulking? theres gotta be room for him in afghanistan or iraq,theres thousands of insurgants and terrorists that need killin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks