In-Walls: Triad vs. Snell vs. Atlantic Tech. opinions please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nate_S, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Nate_S

Nate_S Auditioning

I've narrowed my search down to these three:

Triad
    Silver LCR
    Silver/6 Center
    Silver Surrounds
    InRoom Silver Sub/ or possibly M&K MX-150

Atlantic Technology
    System 20 THX
    M&K MX-150 sub

Snell
    AMC700 LCR
    AMC550 surrounds
    ICS Sub12 or M&K MX-150

It is virtually impossible to get an A/B demo of these systems, so I'm looking for opinions. My room will be 12'X 22'X8' and the wall will be treated with theatershield/batting and covered by Guilford of Maine fabric. The fabric will also cover the speakers instead of the grills. Anyone had experience with one or more of these?

Thanks,
    Nate

2. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

Nate,

I'm a Triad dealer so my view is understandably biased.

The Triads simply will kick the living poop out of the Atlantic Technology speakers. No comparison whatsoever. The InRoom Silver Powersub is also a winner. I'd go with three Silver LCR's across the front rather than a Silver Center. Even though the drivers are the same there are differences in the enclosure and you'll get better tonal balance across the front with three LCR's. The size of your room would also work well with Bronze LCR's but the Silver are noticeably better (i.e. more presence and they will play louder).

I can't comment on the Snell speakers. I've heard some of their inroom towers and they performed admirably.

For an inwall solution I really don't believe that you can do better than Triad. Regards.

3. William_Morr

William_Morr Extra

Nate,

You are looking at an M&K sub. Have you considered (and ruled out) the M&K inwalls? I use the SW95s as mains and SW85s as surrounds. I am quite pleased with the setup and installation was a breeze. When I was looking for inwalls last year, I couldn't find a dealer for the triads. Good luck.

Bill

4. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

William,

Triad is a custom install only product. It's not sold in retail stores. In the future you can visit triadspeakers.com and you can get the name of the nearest manufacturers rep. He'll be glad to point you to your nearest dealer. Regards.

5. Nate_S

Nate_S Auditioning

While I like the M&K subs and the 750 & 150 series. I'm mainly looking for inwalls that have a sealed enclosure for a more predictable response. The Atlantic's don't really have a sealed enclosure but you can buy a foam enclosure. I'm leaning more towards the Triad's or the Snell's though.