1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

In-Walls for H.T.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jeff K., Jun 4, 2006.

1. Jeff K.

Jeff K. Auditioning

I am looking for some good high power handling in-walls for my custom home theater. I need in-walls due to space limitations, (I MUST put them behind the screen, and the screen MUST be flat against {or at least close to} the wall.) This is going to be a BIG system, with a 120" screen and a good solid 165 watts RMS going to the L,C,R's. Room is 20' x 11' and I am doing 3 rows of stadium seating and a 7.1 system with two sets of side surrounds. They also must go fairly deep because my subs are dual 15's driven by 600 watts RMS. (I suppose I could add a couple of 10's if needed, but I don't want to get into the headaches of tuning all those subs!) Custom enclosures would not be a problem since this is a "new construction" theater. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks, Jeff

System so far:

H.K. AVR-235 as a Pre-Pro
    Onkyo Integra M-504 x 2
    Onkyo Integra M-501 x 1

2. Steve.Ka

Steve.Ka Auditioning

I believe Polk makes a custom enclosure to go with some of their in-walls...I like their higher end products alot...I am actually going with the new Martin Logan inwalls, but since they don't actually sit flush with the wall (they bow out about 2 inches), that may not work for you.