1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

in-wall vs. ceiling surround

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Fran Lu, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Fran Lu

Fran Lu Extra

I have a sofa right up against the wall. The HT area will be roughly 15" x 15". One side is wall, the other open. If you're facing the sofa, there's a small window to the left of it. My dilemma is whether to go with ceiling or in-wall. Satellites are not an option as the only place I could put it would be right in front of the window. Not my first choice.

Which route should I go? Also, will electrical wires cause an interference w/ the speakers?

Thanks for your help!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    The in-walls in your situation, with the sofa against the wall, would need to be to the sides firing towards the sofa. It would not be good for the in-walls to be in the wall behind the sofa firing over the viewer’s heads towards the front of the room. So I guess in-ceiling is your only option.

As long as parallel speaker runs are a foot or so away from the electrical, you’ll be fine.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Fran Lu

Fran Lu Extra

But if the speaker wires are not at least a foot from the electrical, but cross at a 90 degree angle, they should still be okay, right?

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Yes - forgot to mention that. [​IMG]

5. Fran Lu

Fran Lu Extra

cool thanks!