What's new

In Wall Subwoofer placement question (1 Viewer)

superdan54

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Thompson
Hi - I have a 10" CSI/Speco Dream Series SPW-1000 in-wall subwoofer, and I was wondering how high off the ground should I mount it for best performance? The room is a 20X10 rectangular room and the sub will mount along the 10' side. Since it is a basement, it has concrete floors, but we will be sealing it and then putting carpet over. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I've got the perfect spot near a corner to mount it on, but I can't find anything as to how high off the ground it should be mounted. Thanks!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
You'll probably get some good advice on this over at the Cult of the Infinitely Baffled web site. I have mine the same height off the ground as an HVAC air intake vent elsewhere in the basement. It's covered with an air intake grate and looks just like another HVAC vent.

See that innocent looking air intake grate over near the screen? :)

If I were you I'd seriously consider putting one of these beneath/behind each of your two main left and right speakers. That little 10" is going to be struggling to put out much oomph in that room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks