In Wall speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ronald K, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Ronald K

Ronald K Auditioning

Hopefully someone can help answer these 2 questions:

1- For the main front speakers , which would be better, JVC ceiling mounted flush that fire downwards vs Polk facing the audience

2- How doe the grills on in wall speakers come off? Do you just ply them off generally?

Thanks

2. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

If you are going with in walls I would recomend you use IN WALL facing your seating possition for the front 3 chan. NOT in ceiling. For the rear, in ceiling may work out well if they can be placed just right in relation to the seating poss. You will want to couple these with a good sub though.

I have a friend who has all Paradigm in wall/in ceiling speakers in his theater and it sounds EXCELENT. He has in wall for the front three chan., In wall for the L/R sur. on the sides facing in, and in ceiling for the L/R sur. back chan.(above and just slightly behind the couch)

3. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Ronald,

I agree with Luke about having In Wall for the front channels. Secondly, I have never heard JVC inwalls (did you mean JBL?) but I have some polk audio towers and really enjoyed the Polk Inwall. However, if your budget will allow it, I really liked Definitive Technology In wall speakers. Especially their inwall dipolars for rear speaker usage.

As for your second question. I have had luck using a "paper clip with a hook." Go in one hole and out the other and pull the grill off. You need to be careful doing that though so you dont poke the speaker. I personally have not had any problems though. Have fun!

Dan Hine