What's new

In-wall speakers (1 Viewer)

DavidWi

Auditioning
Is anyone using in-wall speakers for Home Theater? I am thinking of using them for sides and rears in my HT room. Any product recommendations appreciated.

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
I'm using Polk Audio in-walls (with 6.5" and 8" woofers). Good price/performance ratio and aimable tweeters.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
David,

I've been using 5 in-wall speakers for my theater setup for a few years now. I have actually modified them a bit and use them as "on-walls" where I made MDF cabinets to house the in-wall assembly. The center channel speaker is in its own cabinet on a shelf above the TV.

I was able to paint the speakers/cabinets the same color as my walls, so my wife was happy.

However, now, I want to branch out a bit more. I'm looking into 3 front speakers for use in my family room. I'll still continue to use the 2 rear/surround speakers in their on-wall fashion, but desire 3 better speakers in the front for music listening and hopefully better movie dialogue, too - that the movie watching/listening experience is horrible at the current moment.

The speakers I used were NXG Pro 620s. 6.5" woofer, neo tweeter, etc. They can be found on-line for about $80 a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks