In wall speakers - which ones?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven Spargo, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Steven Spargo

I need to buy a pair of inwalls for the living room area. They must "blend" into the walls or my wife will put me in the blender. I have been looking into the NHT SuperOne ci, and that is my limit. Crutchfield sells it for $350. Any other recommendations, or can you point me to where I might find it at a lower price?
    Thanks

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

If you can get "inside the walls" go with some Rolen Stars. They are never seen due to being mounted behind the gypsum. You won't believe what you hear....full, rich and very surrounding due to resonance of walls. They also can be "surface" mounted behind something but will mangle the walls when removed due to the adhesive backing that attaches them.
    I currently have four in the walls of my bedroom and bass shakers in the bed. A moving experience.
    ------------------
    "I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethru gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades forever and forever...."

3. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

B&W makes some awesome in wall speakers... find a dealer and find out for yourself.
    ------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    Somebody has to pay for retail businesses to let us walk in and audition high quality equipment side by side with our own dvd's and movies. I don't mind paying a premium to support this kind of service and convenience, I wish others would consider this when buying discounted b-stock merchandise from shady internet dealers.
    JKB

4. PaulW

PaulW Stunt Coordinator

Check out the Atlantic Technology In-Wall systems. http://www.atlantictechnology.com
    Don't mind the MSRP prices listed on the site, you can find them cheap I know for sure.
    PaulW