What's new

In wall speakers for music: Polk vs B&W (1 Viewer)

alexmo

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Hi there.
I am new to the forum and get super interested as I am doing remodeling in my my house :)
I am installing in wall speakers and I hesitate between these 2 models
Polk 265LS and Bowers and Wilkins CWM7.4
Has anyone any advice or recommendation ? (price is not really an issue here between the 2)
thanks!

alexmo

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
I am not sure I understand your suggestion. I was hoping someone would have experience with both and be able to give an opinion. thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Someone else's opinion of the given speakers may not match your own since the sound of speakers is very much a personal preference. I'd advise you to go to a dealer and listen to both of them if possible, and then make your selection. For music specifically, in-wall would not be my first choice, though I realize sometimes appearance and space are factors as well.

alexmo

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Thank you. I have not been able to listen to the Polk ones actually and not sure I will find a way
Since I am not an expert I was wondering if the specifications of each model were definitely making an obvious difference I was not able to read.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Two speakers with very similar graphs could still sound different, so numbers don't quite tell you the whole story unfortunately :) These two brands have different sounds, and even without hearing the two of them, I'd lean toward the B&Ws simply because more of the B&Ws I've heard in the same price ranges have been superior to Polk's offerings. I've owned Polk's former LSI speakers and even those I felt weren't as good as they could be. The one you've listed uses a newer version of the same tweeter, the Vifa ring radiator, and it was the highlight of the LSIs. Cabinets were excellent but the midrange was where an otherwise nice speaker stumbled. Polk's specs aren't quite detailed to tell enough about them. B&W offers plenty of info, so again, on specs alone, I'd have to give the nod to B&W. There's no reason not to provide that level of specs to the consumer, since each company definitely know exactly what those specs are. As I mentioned, that's only my opinion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks