In-Wall Speaker Selection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel_James, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Daniel_James

Daniel_James Auditioning

I am in the process of designing/building my first home theater and would like some input on in-wall speakers. The room is roughly 12.5ft by 11 and I am also planning on purchasing following receiver: Pioneer VSX-D811S. Since I have alot of building to do, my budget is kinda small $600-$800 for the 4 speakers (possbily $1000). Kinda thinking of B&W CWM500 or JBL SP6 (on the cheaper side). Please, please help.

2. Oliver Closoff

Oliver Closoff Auditioning

I got the Cambridge Soundworks M-82's for my front and rear. I got them on ebay. Cambridged sells their refurbished goods under the seller name Hifi.com. You get the same warranty and they are shipping for free right now. I also got their Center Stage center channel speaker which matches the set well, as well as the Base Cube 15 for the thump.
    I think I came in under $650 for everything. Not a bad choice if your on a budget plan.

3. Daniel_James

Daniel_James Auditioning

Thanks Oliver, I've been looking for some local audio/video companies on-line and haven't found much, except for the following: http://www.classicstereo.com/av_vendors.htm. Here are the brands they offer (though I am not limited to this this store), I am hoping it will lead to more suggestions.

4. skip marr

skip marr Stunt Coordinator

I too am looking at in walls. My room is 15 x 15. The brands that stand out that I have heard to date are the Paradign Reference series, B&W was OK, Atlantic Technology, and Speakercraft. All have web sights.

Let me know what you find. Thanks.