1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

In Wall Speaker Connectors

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Matthew Jon, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Matthew Jon

Matthew Jon Auditioning

The situation is that I have a system that is built IN WALL and the speakers will be outside that wall, and the Connections from the Receiver will be on the inside of the wall. I need to find some In-Wall Connectors or something of that liking. I found an Outlet that has a 1/2" hole in the middle for pulling some sorts of Wire. And I have seen an In-Wall connector that has the speaker connection built in the outlet. This type cost or runs for about 10 bucks at Best Buy. The first one runs .29 cents at Menard's.

Would it be worthy to get the actual speaker connector or go with the cheap hole in the Outlet for sliding the Speaker wire from? This way there is no splits from the receiver to the Speaker.

Matt

P.S. Mounted speakers or Speaker Stands for the Back Channel Speakers.

2. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

This has been long in debate on the forum. Personally, I believe that the less connections you make the better off you will be. It also depends on how clean an install you want. Personally, I use the .29 plates and then have the speaker cover it you so you don't even see it making it a non-issue.