In Wall HT Speakers Recommendations

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by skip marr, Mar 3, 2003.

1. skip marr

skip marr Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have any comments on the Klipsch Synergy or Reference line of in walls to use in HT? I have a 15x15 room, and can only accomodate in walls and a sub. Have only heard Paradign reference and Sonance at this point.

Also in the market for a new AV unit for the same. HK, Marantz, Onkyo, Integra, Pioneer Elite, Rotel, Yamahs, and Arcam are what have been recommended. What would go well with Klipsch, Paradigm, or Sonance?

Anyone's comments or recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

2. Check out the M&K inwalls, the S-150 inwalls if you don't mind the price.

3. Scott Ryan

Scott Ryan Auditioning

I dont know much about the speakers you are asking about. But, if you have the $$, take a look at Triad. Some VERY GOOD in-walls....just a bit spendy.

As for receiver, I have a two year old Integra DTR 9.1 and like it a lot. It does all I need it to do . I will admit though....I am looking to switch to Rotel as my dealer now carries them and it is time for a change [​IMG]

4. StephenW

StephenW Auditioning

I do not have experience with the in-wall speakers you mentioned but I am also looking for similar in-ceiling speakers due to wife redecorating the family room. So far I've been impressed with the Definitive Technology UIW BPZ/A (Bipolar) and the UIW 75 in-wall/in ceiling speakers. I will be retaining my two Definitive Technology sub woofers. Will be going with 7 in-ceiling and two sub woofer arrangement. Upgrading to either Sony STR-DA7ES or Denon 3803 or 4802 7.1 receiver. Decisions, decisions. Any suggestions from those with some knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen W.