1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

In Wall Centre Channel setup...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Terrance Antony, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Terrance Antony

Terrance Antony Auditioning

Hoping I picked the right forum to drop this into...
    Contructing a basement setup from the ground up...all drivers are in wall, 7.1

My centre channel, (Jamo 626K4), is being installed into a cavity that is roughly 12 inches deep...(and 7 feet high), which clearly exceeds the usual 4-6 inch cavity of most interior walls.

I was wondering if there were any measures I should take as far as treatments to the cavity...it is insulated with the pink stuff. The stud/insulation is roughly another 6 inches from the drywall.

Maybe it's a question for Jamo?

2. John S

John S Producer

Stuff it, if your dialog sounds rather box-y to you after install. It will probably be ok, most in-walls are designed to be fairly consistant no matter what sort of cavity they are installed in.

3. Terrance Antony

Terrance Antony Auditioning

cheers...thanks for the reply...I guess I can fill it later like you say. I'm now looking at replacing the JAMO with a Phase Tech or B&W centre. We shall see.

4. Joe*H

Joe*H Stunt Coordinator

a friend of mine has speakercraft's in wall all the way around and all at the same height, around 7 feet up and it sounds great.