What's new

In Treatment Season 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
In Treatment began it's 3rd season last night, and I admit, I didn't realize it until it showed up on my DVR. Gabriel Byrne revises his role as the talk therapist in one of the more trickier shows on TV.

Just thought I'd start a thread for those of us who follow

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I watch it and I like it. I read a review recently that called it self indulgent posturing by glamorous actors, but whatever. I find the show fascinating.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I find it.. interesting.. that the one girl who was a big part of HBO's other psychological drama (Tell Me You Love Me) as the heart of the first episode.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Just noticed this is back on and will try and get caught up, but I lost interest about half way through last season so hopefully this season gets me like S1 did.

With only one week so far does this season look better than last or too early to tell?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I like the characters much more then S2. I also really liked S1, and found S2 kind of hard to get through. But I really like 2 of the situations this time around.

motherofmany

Auditioning
Real Name
kate bloy
I am split on Paul's character: as a therapist he is skillful but in treatment with Adele he's a real jerk. Did anyone else notice how he refused to answer her question about the last time he felt enthusiastic then immediately tried to entrap her by asking if she picked up on his obscure reference to Bartelby (sp?) as if that would convince him that she understood him? When I watched it a second time I noticed she didn't even have an opportunity to ask him about it during the session, it was a red herring in the midst of a great session, but he chose to put her on the spot at the end, as if that reference was more important than all of Adele's insights and support. Is it possible he is trying to take out his his anger with Gina on Adele? Why is he really in treatment ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks