What's new

In Time (SciFi) (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I will admit, when I first heard about this, I had some doubts. But the trailer is frankly VERY good, and the concept is potentially interesting

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/08/03/in-time-trailer-justin-timberlake/

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I liked the trailer a lot as well. It's not on my must watch list yet but it looks like it could be good.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I think the premise makes no sense. You artificially restrict people's lifetimes just so they can "buy the years back"?? I couldn't care less how many CGI-slow-mo-sound FX trappings are wrapped around such a silly plot.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by RobertR

I think the premise makes no sense. You artificially restrict people's lifetimes just so they can "buy the years back"?? I couldn't care less how many CGI-slow-mo-sound FX trappings are wrapped around such a silly plot.

You've got the premise wrong.

The premise is that someone came up with a way for basicaly eternal life. You stop aging at 25.

The problem is, this creates a potential overflow of people and it means in order to control that - and to manage how long you live, you can earn and spend minutes/hours/days of your life.

That's why when the character introduces his "Mother" It's Olivia Wilde, who looks his same age. His daughter looks the same age, wife, etc... because the aging process stops at 25 thanks to this new breakthrough or whatever.

But only the people who are amongst the super-elite get to earn days/hours/years of extra living.

So, in the preview, a man comes to Timberlake's character and tells him he's 108 years old, and still has 100years+ left on his "clock".

He transfers all of that to Timberlake.

What happens is that when you spend your clock to 0, it's up, you die.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Okay. So this is the story about a guy who looks like Justin Timberlake AND has Olivia Wilde as a mom...??? I guess that's the science-fiction part right there....right ? :D Like Bill said to Ted " It's your MOM dude ! " it looks all right.I'll see it just because Andrew Niccol wrote The truman show and directed Gattaca

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
There's only one reason I WILL see this movie, Amanda Seyfried with short red hair. Oh YUM YUM YUM!!!

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
some films you just don't know where to look. Wedding crashers Rachel mcAdams,Isla Fisher,Jane Seymour and Rebecca de Mornay After hours Roseanna Arquette,Teri Garr and Catherine O'Hara (even if she's a tad crazy i this. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks