In this thread, I moan and complain about me being a bad videogame player...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Javier_Huerta, May 13, 2003.

1. Javier_Huerta

Javier_Huerta Supporting Actor

...yes, doctor. It all started when I was 17 or 18 years old. I considered myself to be one tough cookie when it came to videogames. I could break every record on BurgerTime! for Intellivision. I could play "Tron Deadly Discs" for *hours*. I even finished all the Sonic games on the Genesis!

And then it came. In the form of an arcade game. I remember the name... it was called "Street Fighter II".

All those combos: flip the joystick, press A, now left, right, up, down, flip over, turn around, do the hokey pokey, and maybe, just maybe, Ken would let out a flimsy fireball. Or something.

It all went downhill from there. I just checked my Metroid Prime saved game today. 20 hours played. 6% progress.

I'm a video game retard. That's for sure.

My question is...

Will simple, easy, highly addictive videogames ever come back?

There's not much more Mario Party IV my nephews can take before they figure out their uncle really sucks at videogames.

2. Mario_Y

Mario_Y Stunt Coordinator

Buenos point. I liked Bonk for the Turbo-16 system, couple years back...

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

4. Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack Second Unit

I caught a program on G4TV a while ago that discussed the differences between Japanese gamers and American gamers. Over in Japan, the consumers want the games to be easier so that they can access all the content. Here you have to be very good or get cheat codes to access everything. I know what you mean though. I am also a video game retard. I still love em' though. [​IMG]