In the Wall Bookshelves?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Elvis, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Brian Elvis

Brian Elvis Auditioning

I am currently remodeling my basement. In so doing, I am building a wall in which I would like to install surround speakers. However, instead of purchasing new In-wall speakers, I would like to use my JBL bookshelves. I guess what I will do is create a recessed "shelf" in the wall and have my speakers sit on these. Then, I would like to cover this recessed shelf with a grill that is flush to the rest of the wall.
    Does anyone know of where I can get a grill that I can mount flush to the wall like this?
    Is there another solution to what I am trying to do?
    Thanks.[​IMG]

2. Marshall Sander

Marshall Sander Stunt Coordinator

You could buy some thin cloth (I call it cheese cloth) at a place like Clothestime -- buy a color which matches your wall color. Then go to Home Depot, get some small wood pieces and cut them to fit the hole and make a wood frame the size of your opening. Stretch the cloth over the wood, staple and then you can slide your new "grill" in and out of your cubbyhole.

3. Drew Eckhardt

Drew Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

While you're at it, be sure to change the cross-over network or add equalization to accomodate the frequency response changes that you'll get.