What's new

In The Mood for Love, the Ocean DVD (1 Viewer)

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
If you are a fan of the movie IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE and can play region 2, PAL DVD's, the Ocean DVD is a must have.
I haven't watched everything it has yet but what I have seen so far is very impressive.
This is a two DVD set and the packaging is entirely in French but the two DVDs give an option right up front of choosing the language for the menus so you can see them in English. The menus themselves are great.
Disc one has the movie (anamorphic), trailer, and a section on the music.
Disc two has a commentary by Wong Kar Wai, alternate ending and so much more that I can't even remember it all right now.
This is up there with the T2 Ultimate Edition and FIGHT CLUB DVD's for me as far as extras, and everything else.
American companies can learn a lot from this one on how to treat a foreign movie. It's a foreign movie for France and Ocean did an incredible job.
Matt
------------------
Honk Kong DVD Reviews and News
loveandbullets.com

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
What does the Disk 2 "commentary" from Wong entail?
This is simply out of curiousity since I doubt I will have the equipment to play Region 2 DVDs anytime soon.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I am, like, so jealous.
This is the release that's finally got me serious about a region-free player. And In the Mood for Love will be the first disc I buy.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I watched most of the Wong Kar Wai commentary. It's more like an interview where he does all the talking. He talks about his whole take on the relationship struggles of the characters. How he purposely left out the spouses because if they were seen too much it brings up a "who's right,who's wrong" story. He just wanted to the relationship to play out between the leads. He also says that something is missed in the subtitles because all the foods indicate the month that the scene takes place. It's his way of tracking time. The foods they eat are only available during certain months so you can tell as the months go by by what they are eating. He also explains why the last scene takes place in Cambodia.
The DVD even comes with what looks like a passport. It's in French so I can't read a word of it.
I can't wait to watch the rest of this. This may the only DVD that I watch absolutely everything on.
Matt
------------------
Honk Kong DVD Reviews and News
loveandbullets.com
[Edited last by Matthew Brown on September 27, 2001 at 10:06 AM]

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
This is the release that's finally got me serious about a region-free player.
Welcome to the club Al! A region-free player means never having to say "Fox-Lorber sucks" again. Seriously though, In The Mood for Love is hardly the only great R2-only release.
Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks