In The Mood For Love DVD (Canadian Version?)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelPe, Jan 13, 2002.

1. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

I just noticed on Future Shop Online that "In The Mood For Love" is being released next Tuesday (Jan 22).
    Is this an error? Or is there a Canadian version of the DVD actually being released apart from the upcoming Criterion DVD?
    Here are the specs...
    Sale Price: $20.99 CDN
    Mfr. Part Number: 22031DV
    Special Features: Widescreen (2.35:1), English Stereo, English & French Subtitles, 19 minute Production featurette made by Wong Kar-wai, Theatrical Trailer, Trailer Gallery, Cast & Director Profiles, Photo gallery presentation with music, Interactive Motion Menus, "World of 'In the Mood for Love'" – exploration of costumes, design and traditional Chinese cuisine.

2. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

By the looks of it, we're getting a seperate edition up here. I'm not realy sure though.

3. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

Yes, Canada is getting a seperate edition although I'm sure the Criterion one will still be imported by most major retailers.

It is being released on the 22nd although FutureShop seems to have messed up on some of the specs.

These are the disc specs and are confirmed by the fact that I have a review copy of the disc and have already posted a review on my website. (Address in signature below).

Specifications :

Widescreen (1.66:1) enhanced for 16x9 displays

Catonese 2.0 Dolby Digital

English & French Subtitles

19 minute Production featurette made by Wong Kar-wai, Theatrical Trailer

Trailer Gallery

Cast & Director Profiles

Photo gallery presentation with music

Interactive Motion Menus

"World of 'In the Mood for Love'" – exploration of costumes, design and traditional Chinese cuisine.

Ok. Now that I look at it they only messed up the Audio/Video specs.

Hope this sheds some light on things.

Mark

4. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Picked this up on the 22nd from DVD Wave, which seemed to have a nice number of them on the selves. Looks good so far, but have not sat down and watched it seriously yet.

5. Matt Broeska

Matt Broeska Stunt Coordinator

if you go to www.dvdboxoffice.com, they've got the criterion edition for 46.95. the best part is, they're canadian so there's no exchange to worry about, no duty and i was only charged one tax. i ended up saving about 20 bucks off of rushmore criterion (which i received yesterday)from what i was told it would cost from a&b or hmv...