What's new

in the heat of the night. (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I believe TGG has said they didn't have access to all the episodes. Why? I don't remember if specifics were given, but that's why they went with a "Best of" set instead of season sets. Bummer for sure, as I'd have loved to have this complete series released.

Gary "strange situation" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
I believe TGG has said they didn't have access to all the episodes. Why? I don't remember if specifics were given, but that's why they went with a "Best of" set instead of season sets. Bummer for sure, as I'd have loved to have this complete series released.

Gary "strange situation" O.
I'd also jump on a studio release of this series. It's on a short list in that category.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
TGG will be releasing more seasons, Amazon has just put up listings for Seasons 4 & 5. I noticed however that both listings mention that certain episodes will not be included 'due to clearance issues'- what does that mean?! I have never heard of entire episodes being omitted from a release (this is a first), are these due to music issues or something else?!

Season 4 will be missing two episodes and season 5 will be missing three episodes.

http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Night-Season-4/dp/B00GM1X2RO
http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Night-Season-5/dp/B00GM1X2JM

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
TGG will be releasing more seasons, Amazon has just put up listings for Seasons 4 & 5. I noticed however that both listings mention that certain episodes will not be included 'due to clearance issues'- what does that mean?! I have never heard of entire episodes being omitted from a release (this is a first), are these due to music issues or something else?!

Season 4 will be missing two episodes and season 5 will be missing three episodes.

http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Night-Season-4/dp/B00GM1X2RO
http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Night-Season-5/dp/B00GM1X2JM
Mmm.

So that 24 hour marathon was all they will release of 2 and 3?

The shoddy release of the series has led me to not buy it so far, and these releases with their missing episodes means I'll continue to not buy it.

Bummer.

But, at least they are letting people know in advance and not just slapping "Season 4" on the case and hoping no one figures out episodes are missing before the sets go on sale.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
TGG's release of season 3 of Bat Masterson had an episode omitted with the same explanation. In that instance, I really don't know what clearances were problematic, as there wasn't a significant use of music. In the Heat of the Night had several music-heavy episodes, so that might explain the omissions in that case.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have any seasons of In the Heat of the Night had a DVD release outside the US? Just wondering, as if music tracks are the reason for the episodes not being included in the fourth and fifth season sets, sometimes it's not as big a problem in other countries with DVD releases of TV shows which have music tracks in them.

Wasn't expecting there to be any more DVD season set releases of In the Heat of the Night because of music clearance problems. At least they have stated which episodes are not being included (referring to the Amazon.com pre-order listing pages).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks