What's new

Amazon Prime In the Heat of the Night (Freevee) (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So, I Have Purchased Seasons 1,4,5, and 6 of In the Heat of the Night on DVD. I am comparing Season 4 with Freevee. It Turns out that Brotherly Love and Shine on Sparta Moon are excluded from the DVD set for Clearance reasons. (The Amazon DVD listing stated they were not cleared) However, Freevee has those Episodes Cleared and I Can see them there. Would the Clearance of Episodes for Freevee have to do with the fact that Amazon now owns Certain MGM TV properties as opposed to the DVD Which was was licensed to TGG Direct before MGM Was sold?

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s probably more likely that streaming is considered to be “television” when it comes to rights, where physical media is “home video” which can require a different set of clearances. In other words, they wouldn’t need to clear the episodes for ad-supported streaming because that would be covered by the same clearances that allowed the episodes to air when they were originally made.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It’s probably more likely that streaming is considered to be “television” when it comes to rights, where physical media is “home video” which can require a different set of clearances. In other words, they wouldn’t need to clear the episodes for ad-supported streaming because that would be covered by the same clearances that allowed the episodes to air when they were originally made.

Thank you Josh. Its too bad I didnt see the Wisdom of Buying the Seasons Digitally from Amazon when the show was on Prime instead of IMDB TV(Freevee) I missed the boat on that I guess.

bytor104

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Dropping in to say I am very sad to see that it is no longer available on FreeVee. Either of you know what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks