"In the Bedroom": Loved It

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Saw the film today and was expecting a letdown after reading all the outstanding reviews. The film really lived up to its billing. Outstanding performances abound, led by Sissy Spacek and Tom Wilkinson as the tortured parents of Nick Stahl. Seeing Marisa Tomei reminded me how much I miss seeing her onscreen. Wish she showed up in films more regularly. William Mapother is positively creepy as the estranged husband and William Wise paints a nice portrait as a confidant and friend of the Fowler family. It was nice seeing Karen Allen make a brief cameo. Unfortunately, I have to say her physical appearance is a far cry from the hottie she was in Raiders of the Lost Ark and it makes me feel old. [​IMG]
    Also loved the cinematography by Antonio Calvache, which I felt pefectly captured the feeling of a small lobster fishing town in Maine.
    One question about the credits: There was an acknowledgement (after the cast members) for something called "Defenders of the Faith." Anyone have any idea what that was referring to?

2. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit