What's new

In The Aeroplane Over the Sea (1 Viewer)

LawrenceK

Stunt Coordinator
I was recently reccomended this album (Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea) by a friend and it has quickly become one of my favorite albums of all time. It has some of the most gorgeous melodies, and heartfelt lyrics I've ever heard. Anybody else out there love (or hate) this album? I really can't reccomend it highly enough. Also, does anybody have information on what the band is up to? Are there any new releases planned? Thanks.

Pat Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Love this band. Love the album. I Haven't heard any recent news about plans of a new release, but definately check out their debut "On Avery Island". If you're into both of their albums, then I would also recommend a live solo accoustic disc by the band's leader Jeff Mangum titled "Live at Jitter Joe's". The recording is a little raw but it fits the music nicely.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else out there love (or hate) this album?
Yup, it's very very good. I love the lyrics. It's mentally linked to another band for me, "Pedro the Lion", because I first heard the two of them together.

And to the people that read HTF & complain about there being no good new music? Here's an example of why you're wrong :)

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Another big Jeff Mangum/Neutral Milk Hotel fan here. In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is easily one of the best albums of the '90s.

Also, does anybody have information on what the band is up to? Are there any new releases planned?
Sadly it looks as though Jeff Mangum has zero interest in releasing any new Neutral Milk Hotel or even solo song based material. He's released a sound collage cd called Orange Twin Field Works Vol. 1 and plays in some other Elephant 6 related groups,like Circulatory System. The rest of Neutral Milk Hotel have pretty much split into two other groups: The Gerbils and The Music Tapes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks