What's new

In Search Of... (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A new news article was posted on TVShowsOnDVD's website yesterday about the In Search of... boxset. The Amazon.ca release date of the boxset has been pushed back to Tuesday 20th November, a week before the Amazon.com release date.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
WaveCrest said:
A new news article was posted on TVShowsOnDVD's website yesterday about the In Search of... boxset. The Amazon.ca release date of the boxset has been pushed back to Tuesday 20th November, a week before the Amazon.com release date.
I received notification from Amazon.ca that released was pushed out. I was ok as my budget money for dvd was kind of used up in October 2012.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm looking forward to this too. I'll wait for the reviews to ensure that the music is original (which, to me, was always one of the best aspects of the show as it was so atmospheric). Judging by McMillan, music should not be a problem. I have a feeling that music licensing is less of a concern in Canada.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I just got a notification from AmazonCA that the release date has been pushed back to December 4. That is twice this has happened with this title. Should I start to worry?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Bryan^H said:
I just got a notification from AmazonCA that the release date has been pushed back to December 4. That is twice this has happened with this title. Should I start to worry?
No. I don't think so. The company releasing it is small. If the set wasn't anywhere close to ready, the date would not be as near as December 4. They probably want to make sure that they have enough ready to ship for Christmas demand so that the set is not out of stock for a significant period.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Just to add to the mystery, the complete series is nowhere to be found on Amazon(U.S) with a release nearly 9 days away.
?
Still available through Amazon.Ca, and the VEI website though.

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Bryan^H said:
Just to add to the mystery, the complete series is nowhere to be found on Amazon(U.S) with a release nearly 9 days away.
?
Still available through Amazon.Ca, and the VEI website though.
Yeah, not sure what's going on with the U.S. Amazon site on this one. Hope there's no problems with this set.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It appears there is another delay with the series. I see on amazon.com the set is now target December 11th. On amazon.ca there is no target date. I have contacted amazon.ca to asked about the status, but i have little confidence in amazon.ca as they use an india customer support desk that has no clue on what they are doing.

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I noticed the delay as well. Not sure what's going on with this set. I'm not going to order it until I see it actually offered. They might have to do a new episode to figure this one out!

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I noticed the delay as well. Not sure what's going on with this set. I'm not going to order it until I see it actually offered. They might have to do a new episode to figure this one out!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It could be a number of factors: 1. demand from the internal site (VEI) exceeded supply 2. Restoration of the video to dvd is taking along
I have it still in my open orders and have talked to amazon.ca via email. However, i have zero confidence in amazon.ca as their call desk is India and never have a clue on what is going with the releases. Amazon.com seems to have a better understanding of the releases as their customer support is much better.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well 3 delays is enough for me. I just cancelled my pre-order.
I might get excited again when the set actually gets released.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Bryan^H said:
Well 3 delays is enough for me. I just cancelled my pre-order.
I might get excited again when the set actually gets released.
I hear you! It also a strange release based on pricing as well. Canada was showing it for $73, but the USA was showing it for $100. It is concerning to me VEI says on their site they are not shipping to Canada, so how can amazon.ca have the right price?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
And Tvshowsondvd contacted VEI, but they have not responded as of yet. I find that rather alarming, and it raises a red flag for me. You would think their top prriority would be to remedy the situation and ease the minds of potential buyers of the set. They have not given any news whatsoever on just what the problem, or reason for the delay.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Bryan^H said:
And Tvshowsondvd contacted VEI, but they have not responded as of yet. I find that rather alarming, and it raises a red flag for me. You would think their top prriority would be to remedy the situation and ease the minds of potential buyers of the set. They have not given any news whatsoever on just what the problem, or reason for the delay.
I think it is deeper issue then just the packaging. The show was shot in 35 mm film as such would take a lot of cleaning up to make it consumable for the dvd market. There are episodes on the youtube.com and the quality looks very poor, so one can only guess there was more worked required to ensure the quality is with the release.
I also find it very surprising that Canada showed the set for $79 and the same site in the USA had it for over $100. If you go to VEI site they say there are not shipping to Canada, so have to wonder if there is something wrong with how this released has been managed by Amazon.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
"In Search Of..." was filmed in 16mm not 35mm. The show filmed around the world so smaller cameras were necessary.
Also, I ordered directly from VEI today and already have a "shipping soon" notice and a tracking number.
I'll admit it's weird what's going on with this release but it looks like they are going to ship my set tomorrow. I'll try and keep everyone here updated.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Tom M said:
"In Search Of..." was filmed in 16mm not 35mm. The show filmed around the world so smaller cameras were necessary.
Also, I ordered directly from VEI today and already have a "shipping soon" notice and a tracking number.
I'll admit it's weird what's going on with this release but it looks like they are going to ship my set tomorrow. I'll try and keep everyone here updated.
Thanks Tom.
This has been a "holy grail" release for me for so long that I can't believe its actually coming out on dvd. Please let us know the quality of the set when it arrives.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Tom M said:
I was off about how it was film, but the point i was saying that conversion from film to dvd is always a problem depending the shape of the originals. The set was schedule for August and then push out to december. Could it be company underestimated either volume and/or quality of the sets?

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Thanks, Tom. I'd also like to know the video quality on this set. This was always one of my favorites growing up, I hope it's just a case of the company underestimating the demand.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
Brief update: the tracking number is live and the package has left Canada! :D
Should be here sometime next week. I'll update again then. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks