What's new

In Search Of... (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Does anybody remember this show?I had vaguely heard about it,over the years,but,recently,managed to see part of an episode.The part I saw was about the Sasquatch and,from the small amout of it I saw,seemed more realistic than other similar programs that covered the same subject.Plus Leonard Nimoy's voiceover added a certain creepiness to it.If this were released,I'd buy it.It certainly couldn't do any worse than the Unsolved Mysteries themed discs,that were released.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
A staple of my 70's tv viewing. One of the ghost episodes gave me a nightmare or two!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

When it ran on A&E in the 90's, the opening and closing credits were redone, (with cheesy CGI) and the distinctive theme music was dropped. I would hope any DVD release would be as originally aired.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
And if it were released on dvd in season sets, I'd buy 10 copies at a time. Please Universal....please.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Yeah it was a fun guilty pleasure to watch when I was in grade school , but I dont know how well it would hold up to day? Hmmm who knows it could be retro fun Like the man from uncle which I was surprise how much I like it especially S1, S2 and most of S4;)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Talk about being blindsided by news for something I never thought I would see. I love this show, and I will absolutely be picking it up when its released! Best news for tv on dvd I have heard in a long, long time.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Ok, so it's mentioned TWO episodes have not been cleared, one was mentioned as The Harvey Lee Oswald episode .... What is the other?

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I'll definitely pick this up as soon as it's released. Hopefully they can get the clearances for the Oswald episode. I wonder what the other episode is?
I loved watching this show as a kid. My sister and I never missed it. The subject matter was interesting enough, but Nimoy's narration made it even better. His narration was always powerful and interesting, even haunting at times.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I'm sold, especially if they can clear all the episodes. AND the original opening titles with funky 70s music and the classic disclaimer are restored.

Maybe this will open the door for more classics like Unsolved Mysteries getting bigger releases.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I hope the quality of the prints will be better than I most recently saw from A&E reruns.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by MattPeriolat /t/278328/in-search-of#post_3895606
I'm sold, especially if they can clear all the episodes. AND the original opening titles with funky 70s music and the classic disclaimer are restored.

Maybe this will open the door for more classics like Unsolved Mysteries getting bigger releases.
Definitely interested in this title, and hopefully it can lead to getting season sets of Unsolved Mysteries released.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I am very excited to hear about this, although I am a little concerned about the price as it is coming from VEI, whose prices tend to be on the high side. For myself, the two indispensible aspects of the show are Nimoy's narration and the music. The music was wonderfully atmospheric and exiciting. The A&E version was really cold because of the replaced soundtrack. As for the zapruder film, if I had to choose, I would much rather see Nimoy back for updates than have that film included (if they are debating costs). It wouldn't bother me that much if the film was replaced with illustrations. It's not like this dvd set will be the only place to see it. Once this set does come out, a great marathon would consist of some of these episodes togeher with the Chariots of the Gods film, some Kolchak episodes, the Bigfoot episodes of the Bionic Woman series, and maybe the Project UFO debut if you have it. The world may be going down the tubes, but home entertainment has never been better.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm in it. Loved this show. I hope all episodes have been cleared so this is an absolute complete collection. I also wonder if the three one hour shows from 73 (In Search of Ancient Astronauts) and 75 (In Search of Ancient Mysteries and The Outer Space Connection ) narrated by Rod Serling will be included as well? I guess we'll have to wait for a more comprehensive episode list.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Brian Himes said:
I'm in it. Loved this show. I hope all episodes have been cleared so this is an absolute complete collection. I also wonder if the three one hour shows from 73 (In Search of Ancient Astronauts) and 75 (In Search of Ancient Mysteries and The Outer Space Connection ) narrated by Rod Serling will be included as well? I guess we'll have to wait for a more comprehensive episode list.
This a great series, especially looking at events of earth's history. I love shows like this as they give you a different spin on what happen in history.
I am fascinated to this day on the following
1. Pyramids
2. Bermuda Triangle
3. Atlantis
4. After life
5. Aliens/Space
6. DB Cooper
7. Big Foot
I have pre-order my set and look forward to this show coming out!!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
YAYYYY!!!
I'm all over this one. One of my favorite television shows ever. I can't believe this is actually coming out on dvd. Am I dreaming?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Bryan^H said:
YAYYYY!!!
I'm all over this one. One of my favorite television shows ever. I can't believe this is actually coming out on dvd. Am I dreaming?
'
I have in search of up there with unsolved mysteries. I love shows that look at issues and/or help solve mysteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks