What's new

In Search of Used Seperates -- Advice? (1 Viewer)

MikeNagy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for an oldie-but-goodie(and cheaper) amp, and a relatively modern pre/pro with a street (used) price of around $800-900 total. What stuff is worth looking at in that range?

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
HK 2.0 pre/pro and a B&K AV5000 amp. But I think that for $800-900 total you might be better served by looking at some of the higher end receivers, like Marantz, HK, Denon, Pioneer Elite, Nad and Rotel.

MikeNagy

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, thats what everyone keeps telling me... :-/ I would really like the flexibility (at least as far as upgrades go) that having seperates gives you, but...receivers are just that much simpler/convenient/better integrated.

I'll be sure to check those units out. Thanks!

gregD

Second Unit
I think you're looking at slim pickin's for $8-900, especially if you're set on a fairly recent pre-pro... and even then you're probably taking some risks on the likes of Ebay.

I'd hold out til there's another $700 available and go for the Outlaw 950 / 7100 combo... if there was ever a bang-for-the-buck way to get started with separates, that's it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks