What's new

In search of new speakers for my tubes (1 Viewer)

Marc H

Second Unit
What time should I be ready for you on Monday James?
Let me play the M22TiSe for you too in addition to the M3TiSe. I have another one for you to hear aswell but I'll show you on Monday!

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Cool Marc!
Actually I am not sure, I'm hoping before lunch / around noon. I have a plumber coming "in the morning" so I'm hoping he comes early and I can get out for some fun! Otherwise I'll be in a rush in the aft :frowning:

Larry B

Screenwriter
James:

But I think I have the same options, basically I can bring my tubes with me and test out speakers to get the sound I desire. The other way would be to bring the speakers
to test amps!
The two situations are complementary in that whichever you get first restricts what you can choose second. My point was that since the speaker usually has the greatest impact, one generally gets that first.

However, since there are quite a few speakers which will work with your amp, I see no reason why you won't be able to find a satisfactory combination.

Have fun auditioning!!!

Larry

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
James---Your best bet is to build Adire He-10 kits from www.diycable.com About $320 American will get you the drivers and crossovers for a pair, you build the cabinets. This speaker uses a high-efficiency Eminence 10" woofer (high for a 10 anyway) with a coaxially mounted horn tweeter. The tweeter compression driver is mounted piggy-back to the rear of the woofer and fires through the woofer's exponentially curved pole piece, using the woofer cone as the outer extension of the horn; just like the big Tannoys and Radians. Efficiency is about 95db. I heard these speakers at the Midwest Horn Fest in Ohio a few months ago and they favorabley impressed many of the rabid hornies there, guys used to using monster Altec VOT, JBL, TAD and Edgar horn rigs. They were driven by 300B amps of about 8-9 watts and were quite clear and dynamic, very good little speakers. Check out the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks