In Search Of - new on SciFi channel

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by derek, Oct 7, 2002.

1. derek

derek Second Unit

*ugh* I was a HUGE fan of the orginal 'In Search Of' with Leonard Nimoy. As a youngster I couldn't wait to see the latest episode and now fondly relive the memories watching it on the History Channel. While the new SciFi show tips it hat to the old program in its intro and format...that's about all it has in common. We get an hour of BORING stories with shock video outnumbering interesting content 100 to 1. There was very little interesting research and lack of genuine expert opinion regarding the issues. The original program took itself seriously and at least attempted to provide interesting research, discoveries and new theories...much like some of the similar programming on Discovery and History channels. I'm sure host Mitch Pileggi even is looking forward to the cancellation of this junker.

2. Will_B

Will_B Producer

They sometimes produce all the segments for a season, then simply call in an actor (such as Mitch) to do all the intros in a couple days.

3. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

This is how they spend their money instead of paying for the 5th season of Farscape like they promised.

4. Todd Hostettler

Todd Hostettler Second Unit

The Sci-Fi Channel had been deleted from my TV's tuner.
    At least until January.[​IMG]

5. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Too bad, I have the old ones memorized