What's new

In Pursuit of the Sharpest BIG Picture (1 Viewer)

Roger

Auditioning
The centrepiece of my home theatre is a SONY XBR 40". Great picture but the size isn't ideal.

I've tested several plasmas and have been disappointed with the image quality. Rear projectors and front projectors are even worse.

Do I need to wait for high def before I can have a big picture and still get sharpness and brightness?

Phil L

Supporting Actor
If plasmas are in your budget you might want to look at the new toshiba lcos. It costs around 8k, 57 inch widescreen, no burn in, rear projection, upconverts everything to 1080p. I haven't seen one of these in person but it might be what you're looking for.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Hi Roger,

The Toshiba Phil mentions is a nice looking RPTV. Spent some time admiring one today. I do prefer the image on a properly setup/calibrated plasma though.

Which front project units have you seen? What did you dislike about them? (I've seen some that look extraordinary, particularly with HD, but also with scaled DVD input)

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Go check out the Toshiba LCOS with 1080p or the Sammy or Panny DLP that do both 1080i and 720p. All have outstanding PQ and vivid colors. Not sure what your budget is, but the Toshiba is like 7500.00 to 8000.00. The Panny you can find online or at some local retailers. The Samsung I have seen at Fry's, Tweeters and Ultimate. BB carries the non Tantus models that are not as good as the Tantus series. If your interested bsless.com has the best prices on them that I have seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks