1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

In PRAISE of Speaker Calibration with an SPL meter

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Lutter, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

All I can say is
    WOW.
    I calibrated my system today just using the test tones from my receiver at 75dB with the Rat Shack SPL meter and I must say, it sounds ten times better. I am going to pick up Sound and Vision's calibration disc to tweak it further (I will probably get even better results). I can't believe I went this long unbalanced... everything is so smooth. [​IMG]

2. ozric_smith

ozric_smith Agent

That is what I said after I set mine up too. I am still mucking about with my sub woofer tho, I seem to like it way hot, maybe I am just deaf one the low end.

3. Blair

Blair Auditioning

Amen on the sub level, if I put it at the same db level as my other speakers-it sounds way too weak.

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Hey wait till you start fiddling with speaker placement to get a nicely redered 3D stereo image out of the fronts. Whoopie!
    And for the record I do not run my sub high at all. Reference all the way and my front speakers are way the hell out in the room for imaging [​IMG].