What's new

In order to watch HDTV via CBS... (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I have the Dish6000 with the digital locals provided by them and I can also get them (albeit sporadically) from my OTA antenna. If I want to watch a CBS broadcast in HD, do I need to view my own local channels, or will Dish Networks "locals" give me the HD picture - or will both work? Thanks.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
In order to watch your local digital hd channels, you have to receive the signal over the air...Dish network only carries the analog NTSC local channels at this time...You would have to have the 8vsb module for the 6000 as well as an ota antenna for your local digital channels ...
------------------

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I have the 8vsb module, but Im not sure if I can watch Dish Networks broadcast of CBS (channel 743 I think) or my own local broadcast (channel 44). I have my OTA connected to the 8vsb as well; just not sure if Dish Networks broadcast is strictly digital or can be HD. Thanks.

Timmy

Stunt Coordinator
as Mike stated; the Dish transmission of network broadcasts are not HDTV. You can get CBS from dish but it is not hidef.
------------------

CRyan

Screenwriter
Hey Rob. As I suggested in your previous thread, you shold just chunk your locals via Dish and use the antenna if you are getting good analog reception. If you are not getting good reception for your OTA digital, you will have to use one of the methods I suggested before here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/001782.html
C. Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks