What's new

In June, Paramount releasing Prime Cut, Target and The Reivers (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Yes, even the first season of "Wanted Dead or Alive" is coming out that month.

Crawdaddy

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Also, A small gem of a film called LIFEGUARD on June 14th. Along with HUSTLE (Burt Reynolds), ADAM AT 6am, and Jill Clayburgh in I'M DANCING AS FAST AS I CAN.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member

Whaaaa? Wow, I thought we'd never see this gem on DVD. Sam Elliot in a fine, rare starring role. The film was directed by the late Daniel Petrie (Fort Apache the Bronx) who is pretty underappreciated. I'd love to see Universal finally release his 1980 metaphysical masterpiece, The Ressurection on DVD. The VHS went OOP years ago and the film has never been shown on TV in 2.35:1 and it features Ellen Burstyn's best performance, I feel.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Those are some great, unexpected announcements. I too have been singing the praises of Prime Cut since I joined this board a few years back. Great to see it coming soon. Always been interested in Lifeguard for some reason.

I'll second you on that, Gordon. Petrie's Resurrection does feature a remarkable perf from Burstyn and an enormously affecting ending which still resonates with me years after I saw the film.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
Hopefully the DVD of LIFEGUARD will restore the title song and end-credit song by PAUL WILLIAMS that was replaced with a terrible instrumental track on the old VHS release. Williams was still credited in the opening credits for the song, but the song was removed I assume for rights issues. It would also be great if Paramount used the super cheesy movie poster for the cover, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen considering how goofy it looked. That was some wildly misleading artwork for this somewhat serious film.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Great news on Prime Cut, The Reivers, Danger: Diabolik and Starting Over, one of Burt Reynolds best films (and performances).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Nice to hear about THE REIVERS and POINT BLANK, but why Paramount continues to put off releasing such oft-requested titles like ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS, PHASE IV, CRACK IN THE WORLD, etc. in deference to drivel like TARGET is beyond me.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Paramount has been securing music rights for the remastered DVD's. So hopefully LIFEGUARD will have the Paul Williams song on it. I've been waiting for STARTING OVER. Nice news. Paramount is making good on its promise for catalogue titles. Now if we can get THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK which is on top of my all time wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks