Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
70077_front.jpg

Cover Art TBA

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Absolutely. With the final reel in color,
Last scenes of Is Paris Burning? shows in color a aerial view of Paris with a great score by Maurice Jarre. It is available on Blu-ray in Japan so i hope Paramount will release it here. Have already pre-ordered In Harm's Way.

Last edited:

Bob Cashill

Senior HTF Member
Narrowing it down: The closing credits (about three minutes) are in color (I have the HD streaming version).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Not bad at $16.99 for now and i hope it will have the featurette from the dvd and i hope a fresh new transfer.
I wouldn't count on it and thanks for reminding me that I might need to keep my DVD for that reason. This BD release on June 29th, is more than 20 years after the May 22nd, 2001 DVD release.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I wouldn't count on it and thanks for reminding me that I might need to keep my DVD for that reason. This BD release on June 29th, is more than 20 years after the May 22nd, 2001 DVD release.
I noticed that too and it's one of my oldest dvd's in my collection. When i did view the dvd a few years ago i do remember that the image was good... for a dvd.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I'm surprised to see that Paramount themselves are actually releasing this title and not another company such as Olive, Kino, or even Criterion.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm surprised to see that Paramount themselves are actually releasing this title and not another company such as Olive, Kino, or even Criterion.
This is apparently not a Paramount release. Appears to be an Amazon exclusive.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Off hand, the only black & white 70mm blow-up I can think off, although there may be others.

Watched it at a 70mm festival - original release print and no fading. A really nice change of pace from all the red and magenta that is the norm for Eastman vintage prints.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
For some reason I've never seen the film so I shall correct that error by getting this disc. My parents were invited to the 70mm premiere in London. Unfortunately I wasn't included in the invitation! I remember them saying how impressive the photography was.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I have the 2007 release with Donavan's Reef as a double feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javalsu