What's new

In Ceiling Surrounds (1 Viewer)

Can anyone recommend some in ceiling surrounds for me? Budget is about $400. Listening is about 75/25 HT/Music.

The other speakers in my system are Paradigm Studio 20's, a Studio CC, and a PS-1000 Sub. Thus, the Paradigm line of in ceiling's intrigue me. When I bought my Studio 20's, the sales guy told me to look at Sonance.

Is timbre matching as important for the surrounds as it is for the mains & CC?

Thanks!!

Brent

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a bump back up to the top for you.

I also have Paradigms and am considering ceiling mounted surrounds (see my recent thread), so I am also interested in replies to your post. Different "Brent", same question.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I'm using B&W LM1 for my side and back surround. They blend really well with my Axiom. At first I was going for in ceiling speakers until I found out about the LM1's. the LM1 comes with the own mounting bracket witch is cool, no more bracket to purchase. Some say the price is a little bit high ($300+) but i thought it was ok considering you dont have to purchase a bracket. Hope that helps. Here's a link were you can see my back surround. LM1

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I use the Paradigm SA-10R in-ceiling speakers for my rear speakers in a 7.1 setup. I am very happy with the results. I paid $359 for the pair as part of my overall seven speaker Paradigm purchase about two years ago...
The SA-10R uses the same drivers as the CC and the 20's.
Here is a link to my setup. The in-ceiling are hard to see but are on either side of the smoke detector in the photos that points towards the screen and shows a good portion of the room.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28828.html
Good Luck,
Mike

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
I now have Paradigm Mini Monitors V3, CC-370 V3 and AMS-100Rs as the surrounds. They're a perfect match. I would presume that the Studio surrounds would be a very good match as well.

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
NHT has a tri-pole in-ceiling that was my second choice. I have B&W 8" and they sound great.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm leaning towards the Paradigm line, so everything should match up nicely. I have heard the LM1's and liked what I heard. However, my wife would prefer something in ceiling. Time to run to the store and demo a few.

Mike,
Do you know the current Paradigm equivalent to your SA-10R's? I couldn't find them on the Paradigm web site. Admittedly I didn't dig too deep though. I figured they were probably replaced with another model, the AMS-100R's maybe?

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks