What's new

In-Ceiling surrounds (1 Viewer)

chucky_S

Auditioning
I currently putting a family room addition on my house and was wondering if anyone had thoughts/experiences with in-ceiling surrounds. My wife will not let me put external surrounds in the room (she doesn't like the look). My fronts are Paradigm 90Ps and center is a LCR-350 (B&K amp and processor). I'm looking at either Paradigm CS-60s or CS-80s in the ceiling for the surrounds. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
And have all sounds that are supposed to come from behind (traffic horns for instance, or people talking) come from above instead?
In my humble opinion, you and your wife should have a talk (not from the ceiling, but both feet on earth) and decide what the two of you really want.
My apologies if I sound too harsh, but you asked.
And there are beautiful solutions (even, perhaps: hide the speakers and connect them when you start a movie - oh, well :) ).
Cees

Bry_DD

Second Unit
How bout ceiling mount speakers like B&W LM1? My side and rear surrounds are LM1 and they sound great for a little speakers. I was in the same boat like you before I learned about the LM1's. Hope that helps.

Will Orth

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have my rear surrounds in the ceileing and like it, just finding the exact spacing for the room is the hard part you will have to do trial and error to what you like best :=)

Will

Stasulos

Stunt Coordinator
You can try to experiment with sound reflections to channel the sound so that it doesn't come from above.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's true! Good point. :emoji_thumbsup:
Try pointing them to the wall behind you (above the height of your listening position, think of the wall as a mirror - you could even temporarily use a real mirror for making the adjustment: the speakers should "stare at you").
Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks