What's new

In ceiling speakers (1 Viewer)

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I have a room that is 15 X 13 open on one side going into the kitchen with 11 foot ceilings. I want to put surround speakers in the ceilings above the viewing couch. What is the best type or brand to get

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
Calvin,
I have the same situation but my kitchen is behind the listening position. I did not want to put in-ceiling speakers in because if I ever moved I wanted to take the rears with me and not have a lot of patching to do. So, I bought the JMLab Sibs and hung them from the ceiling behind the couch. They will tilt forward and backward and side to side and were just the right price. And they don't sound half-bad either;) I also considered the Thiel PowerPoints but at 3 times the cost I just couldn't do it. If you have a JMLab dealer around check them out or go to http://www.audioplusservices.com and check them out. I hope this helps.

Mike

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
Thanks,
I'm not worried about patching etc..because if we ever sell the place sometimes it's a good seeling point to have pre wired surround.

Andrew JC

Stunt Coordinator
I just installed a pair of Niles CM6PR in ceiling speakers for surround use. I paid around $175 for them. The good parts is that they can bet set to run at 4 or 8 ohms, they have a bass and tweeter cut off switch, and the tweeter can pivot 20 degrees. I look forward to listening to them this weekend. ;)

Andrew JC

Stunt Coordinator
Calvin, I have a drop ceiling thats about 7'. The room is about 15' long and 10' wide with bump out space to the side. I think in total it's around 300 to 350 sq ft.I move in a couple of months ago so everything is a work in progress so far. I have a test tone running thru them since 9:00 last night so they should be broken in by this week end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks